LTE Cell Service
OptimERA Number Porting
To port your phone number over to OptimERA you will need some information on hand. We have prepared a checklist to help you.
What is phone porting?
Porting is when you want to switch phone providers but keep your phone numbers.
How it works
- The customer gets required information from existing provider (account number, CPNI Pin or Password).
- Customer must have an active account with provider whom they are porting from.
- After signing up for an account with the new provider, the customer submits this information to the new provider with a port request.
- The new provider submits a formal request to the existing provider requesting a phone number port.
- If everything is square, the existing provider issues a ready to port response.
- At this point the new provider can port the number and the customer number is transferred.
- The last step is to cancel your old plan. You do this once the port is complete and you have verified functionality, SMS works, MMS works, and phone calls work.
- We will contact you as soon as the number is ready. Once you give us the all clear we complete the request. Then you change your sim and your done.
- The process is usually pretty fast. If you are planning on porting your number we suggest downloading the checklist and completing the number porting form prior to coming into the store.
- You have to complete a single form for each number your porting.
IMPORTANT!!!! If you intend on porting your phone number your account must be active. DO NOT cancel your plan until after the port has been completed or you will loose that number.